Nov 21 2017
Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
Here are some helpful tips to keep your holiday shopping safe and secure:
- Carry plastic instead of cash. If pick-pockets steal your wallet or purse, you can cancel your credit cards without penalty. Cash, on the other hand, is gone forever.
- Conceal shopping bags and boxes left unattended in your vehicle. Visible merchandise will attract thieves.
- Make sure to park in well-lit areas of the parking lot or garage with your windows fully closed, doors locked and alarm activated.
- Instruct your children that, should they become lost in a store or at the mall, to seek out a uniformed security officer or police officer for assistance.
- Remain alert to your surroundings; be on the lookout for individuals behaving suspiciously.
- Be wary of strangers approaching you for any reason. Pick-pockets sometimes work in pairs, with one person distracting the target with a question or request, while an accomplice steals their wallet, purse or shopping bags.